You enjoy the cool, comfortable breeze from a fan. It gives you a gentle and relaxing sensation that can carry your mind to a faraway place. That could never actually happen because your fan makes that annoying buzzing sound that not only keeps you awake all night at home but also distracts you when you are at work.
You can settle your mind by upgrading your old noisy fan with a more efficient quiet one, so you can concentrate at your workplace or provide some soothing white noise at home when you get ready to drift off to sleep.
|1. Rowenta VU5551||Pedestal||$$$||4.5|
|2. Dyson Air Multiplier AM07||Tower||$$$$||4.4|
|3. Rowenta VU2531 Turbo||Table||$$||4.4|
|4. Lasko 2554 Wind Curve||Tower||$$||4.3|
|5. Lasko 4820 Xtra Air||Tower||$$||4.3|
|6. Honeywell HT350B||Table||$$||4.3|
|7. Air King 9500||Floor||$$||4.3|
|8. Honeywell HY-280||Tower||$$||4.1|
|9. Ozeri 3x Tower Fan||Tower||$$$||4.1|
|10. Honeywell Fresh Breeze||Tower||$$||4.1|
Types of Quiet Fans
- Oscillating Fans – These types of fans are designed to create the maximum amount of air in a room by pivoting from side to side. They are extremely quiet, so you will never notice when they are on. Oscillating fans are best used in closed spaces, like in bedrooms or living room areas.
- Tower Fans – This fan will give you a wide range of airflow in a small space. They are quiet, highly efficient, and take do not take up a lot of room. Tower fans are most effective in cozy areas, such as bedrooms or living rooms. Some tower fans may contain air filters that should be replaced regularly.
- Room Fans – Room fans are portable electric fans that come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They direct the air into a concentrated space. Room fans can be stationary, have an oscillation switch, or feature an up and down pivoting head. They are convenient for many types of rooms, such as dorms, bedrooms, and office spaces.
- Ceiling Fans – These electrical fans are perfect for large and small areas of your home and work space. They save energy by bringing cool air during the summer and circulating warm air in the winter. Ceiling fans are multi-functional because most are designed to add a ceiling light with a simple lighting kit. Industrial ceiling fans are best used in warehouses and commercial work spaces.
10 Best Quiet Fans
Discover the top 10 of the quietest fans on the market. Today’s fans have many unique features that can make your life a little easier. Many come with remote controls, a variety of speed options, and the ability to oscillate or pivot.
1. Rowenta VU5551 – Best Quiet Room Fan
You won’t need to use your air conditioner any longer with the Rowenta VU5551. It has 5 blades that are specifically designed to give you a boost of air at turbo speeds. This is a room fan that sits on an adjustable pedestal that can be converted from 42 to 54 inches. It is great for either home or work areas. It is library quiet fan that comes with a remote control for added convenience. The Rowenta contains a unique oscillating feature that rotates up, down, left, and right.
2. Dyson Air Multiplier AM07 – Best Quiet Tower Fan
No little fingers or pet paws will be in danger with this super quiet fan. The Dyson Air Multiplier AM07 has no blades, which makes this fan the ultimate in quiet fan technology. It is a tower fan that produces a tremendous amount of airflow. It pulls the surrounding air from behind and pushes out cooler air at turbo speeds. The Dyson Air Multiplier is energy efficient and programmable. You will have the ability to turn off the system automatically with a length of time between 15 minutes to 9 hours.
3. Rowenta VU2531 Turbo – Best Quiet Table Fan
Take this fan wherever you need to go. The Rowenta VU2531 Turbo is small enough to transport to the office and back home again. It has manual controls on the base with 4 quiet speed levels. The 5-blade system is designed to emit a powerful burst of air at the lowest noise decimals. The 12-inch oscillating head circulates a cool breeze throughout the room. Its sleek stylish design can easily be incorporated into your modern motif.
4. Lasko 2554 Wind Curve – Good Cheap Quiet Fan
The Lasko 2554 Wind Curve is a smart choice for quiet fan hunters. This fan will fit seamlessly alongside your chic modern décor. It is a tower fan with cherry wood surrounding the center blades making this a fashionable selection. Quickly go from a slight breeze to a strong wind current with the multifunctional remote control. Set the timer, which can be operated for one-half to almost eight hours.
Enjoy a room filled with the cool comfort of a whispering breeze with this powerful Lasko 4820 Xtra fan that is exceptionally silent. It is 48-inches tall so that the air will flow through a large room. This fan has a multifunctional remote control that also lights up for operating at nighttime. There are three varying speeds and the Lasko also oscillates to spread over a greater amount of space. It has an easy grip handle for careful storage and an ionizer for fresh smelling air.
6. Honeywell HT350B – Best Quiet Oscillating Table Fan
Take this Honeywell HT350B anywhere you want. You can put it on your desk at your office or a nightstand at your home. Use this cozy fan for a dorm room, spa, office, or home spaces. This tabletop fan is cool and quiet. It has a flat-paneled design with four manual control speeds. Honeywell oscillates for full coverage giving you a percussive burst of airflow.
7. Air King 9500 – Best Quiet Floor Fan
The Air King 9500 is the prince of the wind. It is a lightweight, portable fan that can be used in homes, spas, offices, beauty salons, tollbooths, and kitchens. This fan has a pivoting head that moves up and down. You will get the maximum effect because there is a 3-speed control switch on the back panel. The Air King is powerful enough to use for commercial and industrial spaces.
Run this Honeywell HY-280 all night long for a peaceful nights’ sleep. It is a high-speed tower fan with both a touch-button control screen and a remote control. The remote has its own housing alcove on the tower. There are eight variable speeds along with an oscillation setting that penetrates the entire room. The Honeywell HY-280 has an adjustable thermostat for accurate air control and a digital display. This system also has a programmable automatic shut-off timer.
The Ozeri 3x Tower Fan is 44-inches tall with three fan speeds. The noise reduction technology was engineered to produce an ultra-quiet fan. It circulates air throughout any space at maximum efficiency and covers a large range. It comes with three individual fans on the tower that can be controlled separately or all together. These rotating blades will keep you cool and comfortable all day and night. The Ozeri comes packaged with a remote control or you can use the LED touch control panel.
Honeywell Fresh Breeze tower fan will give your entire home or office the kind of cool it deserves. Keep feeling comfortable and relaxed with the extra-quiet oscillation feature and 3-speed control settings. It has a remote control with a flashlight, so you can change the settings in the dark. You will also be able to use the LED screen for touch controls. The Honeywell Fresh Breeze fan uses a thermostat for ultimate air quality and control.